Friday 19 July 2013

MUSIC VIDEO RESEARCH

I need to do research into music videos so that I know what works well and what doesn't. This would mea that I have a greater knowledge of what would look good when creating my music video so that it would work well and look good and fluent.
 
 
MGMT- ELECTRIC FEEL
 
 
I like the random things going on in the video, it matches the relaxed, cool song. I like the colours used in the set of the video as it looks like its part of a dream. I like the bands styling and the setting looks pre-historic and idyllic which is very unique and interesting to watch.
 
 
ARCTIC MONKEYS- DO I WANNA KNOW?
 
 
I really like this video and I think that the soundwave wobbling in time to the beat is a really interesting way of doing a video. It is really different and I think that the simplicity of the video is really fun to watch. The video is very fluent throughout and all goes together properly which looks really professional.
 
 
MGMT- TIME TO PRETEND
 
 
I think the randomness of the video and the quality not being very good makes the video really cool and really fun and interesting to watch. Like the other MGMT video, I think that the video matches the fun sound of the soung and I think it works really well. I like the random styling of the band and the bright colours continue to make it fun to watch.
 
 
ROBIN THICKE- BLURRED LINES
 
 
I think this video is really fun to watch. The song is really fun and the video matches. I think the lead singers styling is really good and so are the other two. The random pretty girls dancing continue to make it fun to watch and the #THICKE is keeping up to date with current trnds (social media) which is becoming increasingly important.
 
 
TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB- WHAT YOU KNOW
 
 
The colours used in the costumes in the video are really bright and interesting which links to the style of the song which is quite upbeat so I think it is good to have the styling linking well with the song. The dancing is all quite fun which, again, links with the upbeat nature of the song. I really like the way the band are all stood in position as I think its really effective and looks professional.
 
 
ONE DIRECTION- BEST SONG EVER
 
 
The beginning of the music video is really funny which I like and the dancing (which they take the mick out of) looks really unprofessional which adds to the humour. The styling makes them look like a proper young boyband which is really good and they all look cool which will be appealing to their target listeners. The song is really upbeat and so is the video which all links in well. Overall I think this video is brilliant.
 
 
YOUNG KATO- DRINK, DANCE, PLAY
 
 
Because this is a relativelu unknown band and a relatively new video, the styling is really cool and up to date and the video looks like it was low budget. Even though the budget is low, I think the video is really effective and I think that it is quite fun which matches the upbeat, cool nature of the song. I like that the whole band is included in the video and this would be something I would do in my video if I use a band because I think it works well and looks good.
 
 
THE KILLERS- SPACE MAN
 
 
I like the strange costumes and the random story which is shown in the video. The best thing about the video, in my opinion, is the lead singers confidence. This has taught me that the lead singer in my video needs to be confident and not be awkward or shy to watch as this would make the video look unprofessional and awkaward to watch. I like the futuristic look of the video as this links to the song title as well as the upbeat, quirky nature of the song.
 
 
THE BLACK KEYS- LONELY BOY
 
 
I really like the simplicity of this video. The fact that the song and the video dont go together very well (the video is upbeat and the song isnt upbeat in the same sense) makes it funny to watch. I really like this video because its interesting and unique and I really like the song. The unprofessional setting and boring costume and colours should make the video boring to watch but it doesn't, it has the opposite effect. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment