Friday 12 July 2013

POST PRODUCTION PRELIMINARY EVALUATION

POST PRODUCTION
When using Final Cut Pro on the mac computers, a softwear program which I hadn't used before, me and my editing parter Laura were apprehensive about using it. However, although we weren't that confident about using the program, I feel like after a bit of practice we became better at what we were doing. Also by doing this, we got a clearer vision of what we wanted our video to look like. It isn't a complete remake of the "Get Lucky" video as the shots aren't exactly the same and they arent in exactly the same sequence which I think is better than an exact copy. We took inspiration from the video and the storyboards, however we decided to change and cut certain shots which I think makes the video look quite good. The editing process was quite time consuming due and trying to get the lip syncing in time to the song was difficult. Me and Laura could be found trying to cut a tiny amount of footage from the clip and, although it took a long time, I think that the video looks good and is mainly in time. Different effects which we used in the video including a disco light effect which matched the sound and feel of the song as well as a "cross section dissolve" which made the shots fall together more fluently. These effects, in my opinion, helped to make our video look more professional. When I do this again, I will make sure the quality of the footage is better and more professional and I will have a lot more footage to use as this was an issue we found when editing the video. Overall I think the video uses forms and conventions of real media products as a variety of shots have been used which is something found in almost every music video. Also, professional editing softwear has been used along with professional lighting which helps make the video look more professional as a whole. I think our video is effective, however I think it is a little bit boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment