Tuesday 17 September 2013

ARTIST IMAGE

I like the Florence and The Machine videos as they are quite simple (as in they don't act a story out) however there is a lot of focus on the mise en scene of the location and on her outfit. I need to make sure that my artist has a similar look with both the make uop and outfit and I need to make sure that I can recreate this as best as I can with my artist in my video.
HAIR AND MAKE UP
  

My artsit (left) has very simple make up however I think that this is good and would fit the song which I have chosen because it is quite simple. I think her style and look represents the genre well. Also her hair is a similar colour and makes her stand out as a person which is a reason I have used her as my singer in the video. Her hair is naturally curly (like Eliza Doolittles hair-the artist who sings the song which I have chosen) so her quirky look could be amplified by having her hair natural however Florences hair is more sleek which makes her look slightly more elegant. If I chose to do a similar style with Chloes hair then she will look more like a star in a video rather than like an amateur.


In this image, Florences hair is more sleek and styled which looks good. I could try doing this sort of style with my artist in order to make her look more professional. Florences make up is very simple like Chloe's is and I think that this look works well. It also suits Chloe and the genre which I am representing so I think I should keep the make up simple as well as the hair.


These images of Florence show her hair to be in more of an interesting, fun style. This could relate to and reflect my genre and song because it is more fun and also adds to the vintage feel which I wanted to show. I like the idea of her hair being plaitted as it makes her look more quirky and unusual. It also looks like a younger hair style and my artist is a lot younger than Florence Welch so maybe it would be better to keep her looking younger.


COSTUME


 

In her videos and in images, Florence wears vintage style outfits and it suits her sytle due to the simple make up and red hair. My artist also has simple make up and red hair and so this would be a good style to stick with in my music video. My artist has the ability to have a more vintage look as some of her outfits are vintage inspired.

This image of Chloe shows her wearing a vintage style dress which is a similar style that Florence has. The make up and hair also suit this style of clothing so this could be useful to use within my music video.


ELIZA DOOLITTLE

Although I think that the vintage style would be the best to use for my artist- inspiration taken from Florence Welch- the singer of the song which I am using- Eliza Doolittle- has a more young and trendy style.



She still wears vintage style prints just in a trendier way because she is a lot younger than Florence. My artist Chloe is a lot younger than Florence as well and so I think that this would be the best way for me to style my artist as it represents her age as well as having a slight vintage twist.


Her younger vintage style makes her look younger and more quirky which is how I want my artist to look so I will take inspiration from her when dressing my artist.


POSSIBLE OUTFITS


1 this dress is quite young yet has a vintage look and would therefore be a good option to use in my video. This outfit would appeal to my target audience and would reflect my artists age as well as having a vintage feel.


2 This flowery top has the potential to look quite vintage and stylish at the same time. I really like this print and would reflect my artists age and style as well as the genre


3 This skirt is patterned which looks quite vintage as well as being young and trendy. With the right top and hair and make up styling, this could look really cool and would work well in my video


4 Eliza wears shorts and makes them look young and trendy and so I think these shorts (with the studs and rips) look less vintage however a lot younger and trendy so would appeal to my target audience


5 This play suit is vintage inspired and so would suit the genre which I have chosen well and would have similarities to Florence and The Machine as well as having a younger feel to it


6 I like this jacket because it is young and fashionable and would therefore be appealing to the target market and audience which I have chosen


No comments:

Post a Comment