Tuesday 10 September 2013

TARGET MARKET RESEARCH

I need to make sure that I have a specific target market/ target audience that my music video will appeal to. I have been on UK Tribes in order to find out more about the kind of people who would listen to my artist. this is so I can find out what they like and what I need to include in my final products in order to appeal to them.




TUMBLR KIDS
These would be the kind of people who will be watching my video. Large amounts of their time is spent online which means they will have a lot of access to things surrounding my artist (twitter feed, videos, blogs, etc- things which young artists have to keep up to date with current trends.) meaning that they will be the ones most likely to hear about my artist and watch the video. 
They are mainly female so this means that they will relate to the female artist which I have chosen. They also like Instagram and Twitter (which my artist, like many others, are likely to have) and listen to Radio 1 which my artist could be played on therefore my artist would appeal to this tribe.


RAHS
They have a great social life and would therefore be interested in the social things! This would include music which they would listen to on their phones as well as social networking sites where they would be able to keep up to date with my artist on these networking sites (such as twitter).
According to UK Tribes, the RAH lifestyle consists of "drinking games, chart music and cheesy pop, gap yahs and chilling out in Ugg boots and Jack Wills tracksuit bottoms" which are things that my artist can relate to! (a bit cheesy, chilling out etc) so therefore they may be a good target audience for me to aim my products at. 


CREATIVES
The creatives would be a good tribe for me to aim my music video at as they are open minded and so could easily be interested in my music video. This means that my (or any) music video could easily interest them and they may want to watch it again.
They are interested in fashion, art, design, music and photography (amongst other things) which my products could all have an aspect of. Fashion- what my artist wears in the video, Art and Design- the way which I design and present my digipack and poster, Music- the actual song and Photography- which I will use on my digipack and poster.


TRENDIES
The trendies may be a good tribe for me to aim at as they are interested in similar things that I am trying to portray through my artist and my products. This tribe is interested in fashion which is shown by their nick name, the "fashionistas" which my artist can relate to. Their favourite brands include ASOS and cool shoe brand "Toms" which my artist may reflect.
I want to portray a "vintage theme" within my video and poster/digipack as I think this reflects the genre and style of the music. On UK Tribes, the trendies are described as the type who "trawl around vintage markets trying to find and create the latest look" so therefore the trendies and my artist would have a lot in common and they may have an interest in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment