Wednesday 18 September 2013

ARTIST IMAGE INSPIRATION

I like the vintage style which Lana Del Rey shows in her videos and images. I think that my artist would suit this kind of look and this would link in with my vision well. 



Although Lana is a lot more professionally styled than my artist will be, I like how her clothes have a retro feel. The shapes and patterns used make her look like she is from a previous time however she manages to look very young and trendy. I need to ensure that my artist looks young to attract and appeal to the intended target audience however still has a vintage edge to match the sound of the song.



This look is very young and would be more like how my artist looks in the video. I like the converse trainers as they are very trendy and so would be appealing to the intended target audience and the curly hair is very like my artists (however Lana's is professionally curled). She is also wearing denim shorts which is an item my artist could wear alongside a vintage style top and jewelry and still have a vintage yet young, trendy edge. 



I like the redness of her hair as it makes her very striking and therefore looks like she has star quality. The vintage prints on the dress look really quirky and interesting and would therefore be fun to look at/watch in the video as well as giving a vintage edge.



I like the piece in her hair and the shorts and t-shirt combination. Although it is a vintage inspired look, it still looks very young and would appeal to the intended target audience. The difference between my artist and Lana would be that Lana is a lot more professionally made up to look more glamorous as opposed to more of a natural look which my artist has. 



The vintage style neckline is very flattering and would be a shape I would use on my artist. If she doesn't own any clothes with this neckline, then I would consider using a drawn image of this within my digipack and poster. I think that, although it is vintage (alongside the patterned hat and elegant hair), it could still look quite young and would be attractive to my intended target audience.



I like how her hair is slightly messy even though it has been professionally styled. this is the kind of look which my artists hair style will be like. Also, I like the colours within the image as they are quite girly. The flowers add a slightly vintage feel to to the image which is something I could incorporate within my digipack and poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment