Thursday 12 September 2013

HOME MADE VIDEOS



In this video, lots of different shots are used to make the end result interesting and quite captivating. I feel that the home make look of the video means that the artist seems more relatable to the audience. The lyrics also have a link with the visuals which makes the video more captivating if the audience is listening intently to the lyrics.



The camera is quite wobbly (due to the fact it is supposed to look home made) and the transitions are quite smooth which reflects the song. The camera wobbling makes the audience focus on the artist and makes it captivating to the audience.



The American theme is continues from the start (due to the impersonation of Marilyn Monroe) and the home made look comes from the poor quality (intentional) of filming and slightly wobbly camera. I think that this makes the video more interesting to watch.



The home made look works for this genre as it isn't stereotypically "perfect" which reflects the sounds well. It works for a new artist as they are normally on a low budget but creates a good, relatable visual in the end.



Again, this continues to reflect the genre well and makes it relatable to the intended target audience. I think that, although this video doesn't look professional, it works well for this song and therefore a home made style video would work well for my video.



The dodgy quality of filming is what makes the home made video work well as it is interesting and the effect has an impact on the intended audience. The fact that this video is home made also makes the artist seem vulnerable which links with the lyrics of the video.


HOME MADE:

I like this style of video as I think that it makes it more personal for the intended audience to watch. This would be a good to use in my video as my target audience would appreciate the this as they don't want to get bored whilst watching the video. Also the quality of the equipment (and especially my filming) won't be that high and so I could use this home made edge to my advantage. I am also doing a hand drawn style poster and digipack and so therefore the home made effect would link in well with the theme and make the products come together as one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment