Friday 29 November 2013

FILMING REVIEW

27th November 2013
I have planned to film my final draft shots which needed to be re-filmed on this day.




Location

Previous feedback: The location could change or be styled to look quirkier. This would help to make the video look more interesting and more like your vision than it does in the first draft.

I have decided to use the same location as I think that, by adding more props and mise en scene, I can make room look busier yet still have a vintage edge. Also, after filming here last time I have a greater knowledge of the room and where abouts I will do the shots. Also, the artist is familiar with this location and doesn't feel uncomfortable. this is very important for me as she wasn't uncomfortable last time which made the video look more authentic and therefore more professional. I wouldn't want to jeopardise this by taking her somewhere else where she doesn't know as it could have an effect on the way she feels and the way she comes across.
**Looking back, I am pleased that I used this location as I think it looks home made (which was the look I wanted) and also has a vintage feel to it which, again, was something which I wanted to achieve. The mise en scene has helped a lot to make it look quirkier which was pushed by the feedback I received. 



Artist

Previous feedback: She is good and fits the genre

I am using the same artist who I used in my first draft as I think she was convincing as a new, upcoming singer. As well as this, I think she was quite upbeat which reflected the genre well and would therefore be convincing and authentic when watching the video. I think she would attract and relate to the intended target audience as they would be the same age and are of a similar age.
**Looking back I am pleased that I used Chloe in the video as I think that she fits in with the brief of what the target market would be attracted to. Also, she is quite pretty and looks like she has star quality which is necessary within my video as it makes the target audience more intrigued by the artist and could lead to them researching her (via twitter, etc) and going on to buy her album. Also, Chloe has quite a vintage, natural look and so she fit in well with my vision.



Outfits

Previous feedback: Good however made to look boring by the bad, slow editing. Film X amounts of shots in three different outfits.

I have used more outfits. I liked the way she looked in the green/purple dress as this made her look a lot younger which would appeal to the intended target audience and so I decided to keep this as one of the outfits. After the first draft, I thought that the blue dress she was wearing blended into the background a bit and didn't make my artist look as striking as she is/should be in her own music video. Looking at Florence in her videos, she looks very striking and special which makes her stand out and I wanted Chloe to have a similar effect on the audience. Instead of this dress, I thought she could wear a dungaree play-suit which had a vintage twist and added a third outfit of some denim shorts and a flowery t-shirt which looked quite vintage and therefore fits the look I want.
**Looking back, the outfits were one of the most successful things about this video shoot. They fit the bill perfectly and looked very vintage however very young which would then be appealing to the intended target audience. The outfits suited the style I was going for as well as reflecting the vintage element of the genre.



Mise En Scene

Previous feedback: There needs to be a lot more because the room looked quite dull which make the whole video quite uninteresting for the audience to watch.


I have gathered a lot of props which took a while to position correctly, however I think that these made the shots look really interesting and quirky. This is the look I wanted to go for after taking inspiration from the Florence and The Machine videos which I looked at.
**Overall, the idea of making a list of things made it so much easier to organise which then created the interesting, quirky visual in the shots which made the video more entertaining for the intended target audience to watch. In an ideal world, I would have had a building which had old, vintage rooms which I could have styled to get a similar style of the Florence and The Machine, however I didn't have the budget for this so had to use the next best thing which was this room.



Shots done: 

Note: I have done all of these shots (a, b, c) in three different outfits making 9 shots in total, however I had to do a few of them more than once. This took a lot longer than expected- please see filming diary.

a- Close up of the artist with the lights close to her face. This makes it look more professional and would therefore make the video have a better, more authentic quality.

b- Mid shot with the artist following the camera. Although this was tricky, in the end I got some shots which I think I will be able to use. I want my video to jhve a home made yet professional look to it and so I think that these will add to that look.

c- Long shot of the artist. this will be sitting on the bed and, although the original feedback said that these longer shots were boring, I have done them in slightly different positions and angles and so therefore- alongside some better, sharper editing- my video wont be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment