Tuesday 26 November 2013

FIRST DRAFT VIDEO: IMPROVEMENTS

Looking back on my first draft of the video, I can see improvements need to be made in order to make it look more professional. I have made a list of things which need to be improved so I can follow them when creating my final version to ensure that it is better than the original video:

  • LIGHTING: 
    • The lighting in my video is poor which makes the video look quite unprofessional. Although the look I am going for within my video is homemade and vintage (which would suggest a lower quality 'look'), the lighting needs to be better to improve the overall look. Also, if the lighting looked better (and was a lot closer to her face) my artist would look better and would look more professionally made up. This, again, would imporve the overall look and professional element of my video.
    • How am I going to do this? I am going to borrow some professional lights from school and position them to suit the shot. This would make the shots look better and the video overall more professional.
  • MISE EN SCENE
    • Although I used some props, the overall look which I wanted to achieve (busy, clustered) didn't happen. this was because I didn't have enough items within the shots for it to look as busy as I wanted it to. 
    • How am I going to do this? I am going to create a list of possible items which I can use in the video which I will add to the other props to look interesting and quirky. This should help to achieve the busy, full look which I want to show with a vintage twist. All of the items I am going to use will have a vintage look to ensure they are quirky and goes well with the vintage theme I have strived for throughout my research, poster and digipack.
  • VARIETY OF SHOTS
    • The amount of shots I used weren't enough to make the video look authentic. Most videos use a lot of shot cuts or have something happening in the longer shots- this wasn't the case in my video as my artist was either standing or sitting and singing. Therefore I need to edit more shots into the video with a shorter length to include more shots overall. 
As well as these, I am including the advice which I have taken from my teacher feedback.



Although there are other things which I will need to change, these are the 3 main things which I need to improve on in order to make the video more interesting and more professional overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment