Friday 22 November 2013

FIRST DRAFT FILMING REVIEW

Creating the first draft of my music video went as I expected it to go. I wasn't as organised as I should have been in some areas, for example- Chloe (my singer) didn't know the chosen song until a few days before filming and so she struggled to learn the words. There were few ways to get around this so I ended up printing the lyrics and hanging them from a clothing hanger on the camera tripod so she could read them during filming. Although this wasn't ideal, it worked.


Also, the location managed to look quite cozy and quite vintage, however I need to use more items in order to make the room look busier. I wanted to include interesting objects to form a full, quirky looking room. Objects such as the ones which are used in the Florence and The Machine videos.

The skull makes it look really interesting and fun to watch. The mise en scene plays a huge part of making a video look exciting to the intended audience. I had a few items which I used, however I hadn't planned it very well and so I didn't have enough things to give the busy look which I wanted.
All of the items which I used in the video were vintage inspired in order to give the effect which I wanted, as I felt that it reflected the song and the look of my artist. Therefore I used mise en scene such as fairy lights, boxes, a guitar, pillows and mirrors as well as Chloes outfits.
The element of my first draft which I feel like I got right was the outfits. The dresses were both very vintage which fit in well with the theme which I want to portray. Her hair and make up was all very natural and looked authentic which I thought was good and looked vintage-esque and reflected the genre.


One thing which went horrifically wrong was the lighting which I used. I didn't have proper lighting so I had to use a lamp (which wasn't very bright at all) in order to light all of the shots. This made the video and the shots look quite unprofessional and so for the final video I need to improve the lighting and overall look of the shots.


HOW IT WENT

  • Overall, it went okay considering I wasn't very organised at all. This was a huge concern and I panicked a lot in the days running up to it- especially when I realised that Chloe didn't know the song or the lyrics and we were filming the next day.
  • Lighting could have been improved, however this is something to change and make better in the transition from my first draft to my final draft. I will need to borrow some lights from school which can loght the room to a professional standard as one low level lamp isn't good enough.
  • It did look quite vintage which was the aim, however there weren't enough things in order to create the busy look I wanted. However now I know this, I can plan and arrange more props for the re-shoot of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment