Friday 15 November 2013

BACKGROUND IDEAS FOR DIGIPACK/POSTER

I dont want the background panels on my digipack (and my poster, to an extent) to look boring and plain as they need to stand out and grab attention of potential buyers/listeners/audience etc. Therefore they need to be more interesting. I have come up with some ideas on how to make the panels/background look more interesting fun and exciting than my first draft.

IDEA 1- POLKA DOTS


I have done some polka dot ideas as possible backgrounds as they are quite fun and look interesting. It could be attention grabbing which is important as my digipack needs to gain and hold the attention of the target audience. I have used bright colours to stand out and look interesting. (1) I like the green painted colour as it looks like it has been hand made which is the look I want to go for. (2) I like the colour change from the top to bottom and I think it looks fun and interesting and reflects the song I have chosen well. (3) I think this is too girly and would limit the potential album buyers due to the colours. (4) I think that the bright pink/orange background is very striking which is good and the light green dots stand out well and look good against it, however my artists hair may blend in woth the background so may not look as attention grabbing as she should. (5) I like these colours and the gradual colour change/blend looks really interesting- especially with the dark green dots as they stand out well. Again there is the threat of my artist sinking into the background and not stand out as much as a "star" would. (6) I dont like this.I think the yellow colour is too bright and looks like cheese which is not great however the pink is a noce colour and could look good against other background colours.

IDEA 2- PLAIN WATER COLOUR


Doing a plain water colour painted background could be a good idea because it would make the images and text which I use stand out to the user.  I thought that this may make the digipack look complete as a whole because I am going to paint the pictures which I have drawn in water colour. (1) I like the idea of using a girly colour as this reflects the artist- female- which I have chosen. However, I think that this shade is too dark. If I was going to use the purple as a background colour is would need to be lighter meaning that the text and images I use will stand out more against the lighter colour. (2) Again, I like the more girly colour used because it reflects the artist and potential target audience. It is slightly too dark so I could make it lighter which would look more like it has been hand painted as it doesn't have an authentic look to it. (3) I like this as it is less stereotypically "girly" however I think that this would make the images and text stand out against it. Also, it is a lighter shade of green so it isn't too harsh. (4) Blue isn't stereotypically girly however I think that this water colour block looks interesting and eye catching as well as looking authentic- as though it has actually been hand painted. (5) I like the yellow because it is a bright colour which reflects the happy, upbeat nature of the genre which I have chosen. Also, its quite light which means that the text and images will stand out to the user. (6) The orange, again, is quite bright which means that the text would stand out against it, however the pictures which I am going to paint will have my artist with ginger hair which won't stand out at all so orange wouldnt be the best colour to use on the panels with the hand drawn pictures as these are the ones where the images wont stand out. it is important that the digipack stands out as it needs to grab the attention of the potential target audience.

IDEA 3- STRIPES  


I have done some stripes as potential backgrounds as I think that they loom authentic and hand drawn (painted) yet still look quite professional and interesting to look at. I like the different shades of the colours used and I think they look trendy and would appeal to my target audience, especially the creatives, as they tend to be interested in artistic things and I think that these stripey designs reflect that well. (1) I really like the pink colours because they are very girly and would also look good with the text and the images layered on top of it. I think that these are good colours as they reflect the personality of my artist that I want to convey. (2) I really like the green stripes because, although they aren't the girliest of colours, I think (mainly due to the lighter shades) that they would appeal to females as well as males which expands the target audience of my artist/video/poster/etc. (3) I like the blue because it would appeal to males as well as females and so would therefore expand my potential target audience. as well as this, the images would stand out and the contrast of the blue background and the ginger hair would make my digipack really stand out in stores and would therefore grab attention. (4) I like the purple because the colours are quite girly however the darker shades might look a bit dark and doesnt reflect the nature of the genre very well. (5) I like the warmer colours used on this however I think that the hair colour on the images which I am going to paint would blend into the background which isn't good as it needs to stand out and make an impression on the potential audience. (6) I really like this colour combination and I think that the images I use will stand out well. Also, I think that the text would stand out against this and so thereofore would make this a good background colour. 

IDEA 4- PATTERNS


I like the idea ofhaving a petterned background as this gives a more exciting aesthetic to the digipack/ poster as a whole. I want my artist image to be quite vintage so I have included patterns that have the potential to look quite vintage which is the style I want to represent. As well as this I want it to look fun and young so that it reflects my artist as well as the song. (1) I like this pattern because the colours that I have used are quite girly and therefore reflects the artist and the potential target audience and would therefore be good to use. The flowers also add a more vintage look to the pattern and would therefore be good to use because it represents everything which I have planned. (2) I like the purple colour which has been used here because it is girly and would therefore represent my artist and the style of music well. The love hearts which have been incorporated have also added more of a girly feel which, again, reflects the genre and artist well however may limit the intended target audience to the just females- although the majority would be female, it could be a bad idea to assume. The clocks have been made to look vintage in order to tie in with the mise en scene which I intended to use for my music video. The vintage element is something which I want to run through all three of my products (poster digipack video) and so it is important to include vintage things within all of them- hence the clocks were included. (3) I liked the bright green colour of the background as I think that it would really stand out and make my digipack eye catching towards my intended audience. Also, I thought that the vintage style bird cages looked interesting and fitted in well with the vintage theme. As well as this, the bright coloured- badly drawn- birds and dots make it quite girly and therefore reflects the genre well. Also, these other colours- purple and pink- are quite girly and so would be appealing to the inteded audience. (4) I like this because it isnt a stereotypically girly background due to the colours that I have used. I think this is good as it doesnt limit the intended target audience as much as the others do, however it doesn't reflect the genre or artist as well as the other options. I think the flowers look cool and the dots in different colours make it an exciting background. (5) I really like this because the colours are girly and it looks very pretty. Also, the flowers look quite vintage and pretty as well meaning that it reflects my artist and genre well. I like the green which has been incorporated in the leaves because it really stands out against the pink background. I think that, overall, this is the background that would most appeal to my female target audience. (6) I like the shade of green which has been used as the background because it is a lighter shade of green and I think it is pleasing tolook at. I have included some cats because they are quite different and quirky which is how I want my artist to be portrayed. Also, the cats are ginger and so is my artist- a tedious link- however I think these colours work well. I have added love hearts and painted them light pink to make sure the background stays quite girly in order to reflect the artist- even though this happens because the cats are ginger but you get it.




No comments:

Post a Comment