Saturday 16 November 2013

BARCODE LEGALITY PROBLEMS RESEARCH

The barcode and legalities on my digipack will need to look like it has been hand made as well in order to complete the look of my digipack, however I don't know how I am going to make this look professional yet still hand drawn.
This barcode looks very professional and not hand made at all meaning that it won't fit in with the overall aesthetic of the digipack. However, drawing it makes it look less professional and looks like a child has drawn it.
 

Here are 2 examples of a hand drawn barcode which I have created in order to fit into the overall look of how I want my digipack and poster. The swirly writing for the text makes it look more hand drawn and therefore more fitting to the style, however I don't think that these look anywhere near as professional and important as they should. I think that the main part of it making it look unprofessional (as well as being unlikely to work when being read by a barcode reader) is the actual barcode itself as opposed to the numbers.
  

The only way I will be able to incorporate a hand written element to the barcode would be to use the actual barcode yet use handwritten lettering. The image above shows how I have done this (removing the numbers on the computer, printing it to hand write the numbers using a fine liner penin the empty space before scanning it into the computer). Although it isn't as hand drawn looking as I would like it to look, I needed to keep this professional as it is very important as the barcode needs to be scanned in order for the user tp purchase the product. Therefore, incorporating the handwritten element into this ready made barcode was the only way of it still looking creative yet still performing its function(which is a shame because a fully hand drawn one would have looked a lot better and more complete and specific to the product.  


This is the final barcode whichI have made that I am going to use in my final product. I think that the overly swirly lettering proves that it was drawn by hand and theefore continues to link in well with the overall digipack regardless of having to change my creative vision in order to stay professional.

LEGALITIES



No comments:

Post a Comment