Thursday 14 November 2013

DIGIPACK IDEAS

I have come up with some ideas in order to make my album digipack look more interesting than my first draft. 

IDEA 1

I have used a light blue watercolour background as I think this reflects a vintage style which is something which my artist represents. The watercolour makes it look purposely hand made which I think makes it look more personal and enjoyable to look at. I have added patterns to the panels and I think that this has made it really exciting and fun to look at which reflects the upbeat style of the song which I have chosen as well as the genre. I have used orange polka dots in the pattern as they are bright and upbeat like the genre, yellow birds (they don't look like birds but it was a quick drawing) and red hearts as they look quite vintage yet girly/ Also the birds add relevance to the bird cages which I have used on two of the panels. The images of the artist have been coloured in watercolor paints which (again) look vintage styled and fitting with the genre. Overall I think this digipack idea is young and cool, however could be more girly in order to appeal to the tumblr kids more!


IDEA 2

I have used a watercolour background on this digipack. All of the panels are the same colour however the colours aren't all in the same place which I think makes it look more authentic and more as though it has been hand drawn. I have left the actual images uncoloured as I think that this makes it more unique and original and therefore would make it stand out against others in shops to make it more interesting to potential listeners. I like the colours used as they are quite girly and would be attractive to the potential target listeners and also reflects the style of my artist. Overall I really like this design as I think it looks original (perhaps memorable to people if they look at it?- always a good thing) and reflects the artist and genre well as well as being interesting to look at. The point of the album cover is to intrigue the potential listener and I think that this digipack is quite intriguing due to its originality. 


IDEA 3

I decided to try a more simple pattern by just using 2 colours which (in my opinion) work really well together as well as looking feminine to appeal to my target audience. The pattern which I have used is very simple and I think that using white polka dots against the green/blue background is understated but stands out. Also the pink of the feathered (bad drawing, its supposed to look like feathers but it was a "quick sketch") details on the side stand out against the green and reflect the style of my artist and the genre well. I like the colours which I have used to colour in the images used on the panels as they look quite cool and quirky and reflects my artist well. I also think adding some colour to the bird cages makes the digipack look more complete than they do when they are just left white. Overall I think this design is really fitting with the artist, genre and potential listeners. 


IDEA 4

I like the colours which i have used in this design as i think that it looks quite girly and so would appeal to my target market as well as reflecting the fun, upbeat nature of my artist and genre. I have added the light blue flower pattern to make it look less boring and more vintage looking as this is the style which I wanted to convey throughout my products (video-digipack-poster). I think that making the digipack look as though it is quite messy works well and looks genuine- so bad its good?- and so therefore is interesting and exciting to look at. I have (again) added colour to the bird cages which makes the pack look more complete as a whole which I think is good. The whole thing looks trendy and up to date with a vintage twist which is what I want my video to represent. The images of the girl which have been used on two panels have also been pained in water colour as this carries on with the theme and fits well with the "whole package" as well as reflecting the genre and style which I wanted to portray well. Overall I think that this is very aesthetically appealing digipack to my potential audience and therefore would be good to use for my final product.



No comments:

Post a Comment