Sunday 3 November 2013

DRAWN POSTER IDEAS

These are some band posters which have been hand drawn. I think that these look really cool and interesting and would therefore be striking to look at. The aim of the poster is to grab the attention of my intended audience and I think that the fact these are hand drawn makes them stand out. The hand drawn style would be appealing to my intended audience, specifically the creatives as they have an interest in art, and so would therefore be a good style to use when designing my poster and digipack.


EXAMPLES

The image shows some examples of hand made posters which are shown in my media classroom

RUSSIAN CIRCLES
I like the colour scheme as it is quite dark and spooky which has been done to reflect the rock/metal genre of music. This would therefore appeal to this audience and links in well with the creepy, hand drawn image. The colour scheme which I use within my poster and digipack won't incorporate the same dark colours, however the colours need to appeal to the intended audience.
DEVO
I really like the simple image which has been used in a bright colouras it draws attention to the picture which then has the name of the band on it. Although the hand drawn design doesn't really reflect the new wave genre, it grabs attention. I want my poster to have relevance to the genre and my artist in order for all of the products to interlink.
ARCADE FIRE
I like the urban look of this poster. Although it isn't hand drawn, all of the images have been added together to make it look like a collage which has been purposely done to look hand made. The bright colours will attract a young audience which I need to include as my intended audience will be fairly young, such as the tumblr kids.
PIXIES
I think that this poster is a bit strange however it grabs attention because it is something weird to look at. The images used look (intentionally) hand drawn and I think that this works well and the text font used also looks as though it has been hand written. Although it doesn't look stereotypically 'professional' (the colouring in looks messy intentionally), it is eyecatching and grabs atention and looks really good. I want my poster to look intentionally hand drawn like this one does.

I wanted to do my poster in a hand drawn style because:
  • I think that it would fit in well with the vintage style which I wanted to go with. This would therefore make the 3 products which I am making (poster, digipack, video) look as though it is all part of the same product- which it is- and so would look more complete
  • It would grab the attention of my intended audience as it will stand out from other posters. They are interested in art and design so seeing the poster with elements from this will be attractive to them.
  • I think it works well and using photographs would limit me to the vintage, rough look that I want to convey. I have seen examples of previous students work where they have hand drawn the poster and digipack and it looks really good and fitting with their video. Using photographs wouldn't have had the same appeal and I feel this is the same for my project.


No comments:

Post a Comment